Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Craziness

Emily is officially bi-lingual.  She doesn't say to many words so it easy to say she is 50/50 Spanish and English.  Should I be proud, no, because it is all from watching Dora.  You know your daughter has a addiction to Dora when she can count to ten in Spanish but not in English.  When she needs something opened she says, abre Mom.  Good thing I kind of know a little Spanish words to figure out what the heck she is saying!  This is her watching her Dora, eating her snack, and taking care of her baby, aka...her heaven.  I know she will quickly learn more English words and her 50/50 will quickly diminish but it makes me wonder if I should get her tutored before she looses her ability.
 
July has been a tornado, and Tommy and Katherine tie for the biggest mph winds.  Tommy is just full of enthusiasm for everything he does, he cannot be calm for a minute without the aid of electronics, so when we have our no electronic time he's presence is always noticed.  Katherine is just a Tasmanian devil and can't go a minute without exlporing/grabbing/destroying/whining/running/etc.  Her and Emily I call Tweetle Dee and Tweetle Dum....they switch daily on who is actually Tweetle Dum.  They are a huge part of my feeling extremely overwhelmed on a hourly basis.
 
Over the past couple of weeks if we are not at home playing catch up and getting overwhelmed and frustrated with having 4 kids in between the ages of 1-6, we are attempting to do fun activities with our kids.  We have: Celebrated the 4th of July with the Centerville parade, swimming, and fireworks.  Hyrum went to a Bachelor party in Bear Lake which left me to handle the kiddos over a weekend, tending to our Garden (massive, massive project), swam multiple times either at the Rec Center or grandparents houses, Zumba for kids at the Rec Center, hiking to Cecret Lake, and plenty of play dates with friends.  No wonder I am so tired today!

3 comments:

April said...

I'm tired just reading this! I can't imagine how it'd be. I also have a big smile. You've got some real sweeties there. I can't wait to be able to help soon! Love you!

Worle said...

My kids learned all their Spanish from Dora too! Thank-you Leap Frog for teaching them all their letters and numbers so I didn't have to! It's life, and yes the tv is wonderful!!! Your kids are adorable, and its a busy age! LOL

Cheri said...

Ha ha! So when is #5 coming!? :)