Sunday, August 19, 2007

Iowa State Fair

This weekend we took a trip to the Iowa State Fair. I don't know which was better, the treats, the animals, or the people. I believe the fair is the number one place to be to find the best "white trash" folks in the universe! The animals were fun to see too. We saw Big Red, the world's largest boar, he weighed 1,203 pounds! Tommy was not so sure about the animals, he screamed when he saw the sheep and I don't think his toes or hands relaxed until we exited the barns!
We all had a great time even though we got lost trying to get to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. At the fair we enjoyed fresh lemonade, funnel cake, and a chocolate dipped ice cream sandwhich. We are all trying to recover from the food!

9 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

What a good lookin farmer!!! Glad you guys had fun!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Dave wanted to go to the Cheesecake factory too after the Fair. I had had it by the end of the day though and just wanted to go home. Hope you enjoyed it!

*Leslie* said...

This picture of Tommy cracks me up; so cute.

Amy and Wes said...

Darling pic...
Don't you just love local events such as fairs. It is prime people watching. I also went to the SL County Fair this last weekend...so entertaining.

Heather O'Brien said...

DIDN'T I TAG YOU??? I DON'T SEE IT!

Natalie said...

Oh my that pic is HILARIOUS!!! LOVE it. And I am so insanely jealous you ate at Cheesecake Factory. So not fair.

Sarah said...

Dang Candice...I wish we would've been here to tag along with you guys. Sounds like you had fun!

esmiley said...

This is an awesome picture. I think the caption suits Tommy too. He's "strong and gentle" (or at least tries to be).

christensen crew said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! This picture is So Candice! I can just see you and Hyrum laughing it up when taking this picture. I love Tommy!