Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Shock of a Lifetime

Remember when I said January was peaceful, boy was I wrong. Today I received the shock of a lifetime, literally. While running my defibrillator went off and shocked my heart, I honestly thought I was dieing and luckily a very nice Indian man was doing yard work about 10 feet from where I fell. Once I realized I was still breathing and after I pleaded to call 911 I got my senses back I realized I just got shocked for my first time ever in 10 years. Fortunately I "hit the force field" one house away from a member of our ward (Thanks Olsen's) and the man ran to get them. And then I had them call Hyrum to come pick me up. Totally embarrassing and I think that nice Indian man is still has nervous as I am.
After a long trip to the ER it was found out that my leads on my defibrillator are wearing out and it malfunctioned. Good news. Replacement surgery is likely our next hurdle.

11 comments:

Cheri said...

Candice! All your drama lately is just killing me! So glad you were ok.

Claire said...

so scary candice! I am glad you are okay. I can't believe it has been 10 years, I still remember visiting you in the hospital way back when! love you!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

That's awful! My mom just went through the same thing....well last Feb, she did....she got shocked by her defribrillator which malfunctioned and had it replaced. Not so fun but so glad they have such things for when you might really need it!

MJ said...

Scary! But I'm happy they know why and that they can fix it.

April said...

I'm glad to hear every thing's ok (not that having to have a replacement surgery is really ok, but you know what I mean). I was worried all yesterday and last night! Love you!

Mitzi Beal said...

Candice,
I'm glad you are okay. That is scary. When you get the chance could you e-mail me about cloth diapers again. I think I want to do it for real this time and I'm so confused about where to begin. Are you still using cloth diapers? Tell me all about it.
Thanks,
mitzi.cannon@gmail.com

Teed Family said...

Candice, I am glad to hear you are okay! That would be so scary but you seemed to have handled it well... take care of you and your kids are just the cutest!

Mary Ann said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. That is so scary.

Carly said...

Oh my gosh Candice! I'm glad to hear you are ok. I hope you don't have to have surgery but if you do I hope all goes well.

Heather O'Brien said...

Holy Cow! Scary! I'm glad I wasn't the one to see you go down. I think I would've freaked. Hope you're doing okay. I miss you.

the Schrofs... said...

So glad you're ok! How scary for everybody! Hope everything went well with your surgery.