Tuesday, February 16, 2010

President's Day Weekend











For President's Day Weekend we decided to do two day trips. Our first day was up North to Muir Woods, Stinson Beach, and San Francisco. The kids enjoyed this day primarily because they got to watch shows during car drive. We took an amazing road from the beach to SF that was so beautiful. It was the cliffs and ocean that made up for the windy road and car sickness. This day was sort of "fly by the seat of your pants day" and it was so cool. Had I done a little research before we left I would have known that there was a nude beach somewhere by Stinson Beach (I get this passion from my Dad) and we wouldn't have gotten lost during the 49 mile scenic drive.

Our Second day was down South to Monterey, Pebble Beach, and Carmel. The kids loved this day because of the Monterey Bay Aquarium, the Dennis the Menace Park, seeing the ocean at Pebble Beach, and playing at the gorgeous Carmel white sand beach. This was a full day of fun, crowds, and sun.

3 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

We were just at the Monteray Bay aquarium last month so fun!

Katie Muir said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through such an experience, but am glad to hear you're recovering well and can enjoy such a fun trip and such beautiful scenery!! Muir Woods, huh?? Maybe we should go there someday:)

SarahandJD said...

Candice, So much fun! I wish we were there to go on all your fun outings. I cna't wiat to wear the short sleeves soon :)dreamy!