
This weekend
Hyrum ran the St. George Marathon. He has been training and gearing up for this forever and it is kind of surreal that it is over. But we had fun and he finished strong and healthy. He ran it in 4:34 minutes and the hottest marathon they have ever had. The night before he laid out his clothes and in true dental
perfectionism he took forever pinning his number on so it was straight!

The kids and I went to one
spectator point and this is them waiting for
Hyrum. I was in charge of them, the video camera, and the still camera...I was in a rush trying to change the tape in the video camera when I heard Grandad yell, hear he comes. So needless to say even though I had all the gadgets with me, I failed to get him on film. But Tommy was able to run with him for about 20 yards in his super fast tennis shoes.
Luckily GG was there to make up and has a picture of him running.

This is him coming to the finish line. After the failed attempt at Snow Canyon, I put Tommy in charge of the still camera (knowing that
GG was right besides me with her camera) and I was amazed that he actually got a shot of
Hyrum. He is the tall guy in red! And this time we even got it on video camera!

This is his amazing support team. Grandad, Abby, and Josh were at every
spectator point and Abby and Josh ran two miles with him at Snow Canyon and two miles at the very end.....they were awesome!! We were so lucky to have the Grandad and
GG and the
Hegewalds come to cheer him on!!

And of course I trip to Nielsen's to celebrate
Hyrum first ever marathon.
7 comments:
woot woot!!! I'm glad that first pic isnt all that was left of him after that!
That is seriously such a great accomplishment! Yay Hyrum!! Watch out, he might catch the running bug ;) I also just saw you're pregnant! Congratulations!! I don't know that we'll ever be able to handle zone defense (Brett always uses that comparison, so it's funny to see you say it too!)
That is seriously such a great accomplishment! Yay Hyrum!! Watch out, he might catch the running bug ;) I also just saw you're pregnant! Congratulations!! I don't know that we'll ever be able to handle zone defense (Brett always uses that comparison, so it's funny to see you say it too!)
way to go hyrum. what an accomplishment!
That is awesome. So is Hyrum going to be a crazy lifer marathon runner now. I ran one full and have no intention of ever running one again. Brutal.
awesome job, hyrum! now go gain some weight with your prego wife! :)
Wahoo Hyrum--you rock!
Post a Comment