Friday, March 25, 2011

1 Week Old


Emily is now one week old. I can't believe how fast it has gone considering Hyrum had to go back to work on Monday. I am so thankful that I have family nearby that has helped out so much this week. Next week will be the real challenge when my help leaves and when I have to make dinners. Emily is an angel baby and is still in her honeymoon stage. She is a really good sleeper and unfortunately a really good eater. She is extremely calm, although when you take her out of her bath she does let you know she is not happy.
My little niece Megan, who is Caroline's age saw me putting some cream after feeding and she said the funniest thing. She said, "Candice you put lipstick on your ouchy?" Caroline woke up the other day and saw me feeding and pulled down her jammies and pointed to her nipple and said, "look Mom, like me!" These are the little things that make nursing a little bit more fun during the first couple of weeks!

3 comments:

Kori said...

She is adorable. I love all the hair! Congrats Cannon Fam!!!

Melanie said...

Congratulations Candice!!! She is so beautiful. I love the hair too. Wish mine were born that way. When you've recovered I'll have to come down and visit. Glad you had a good delivery.

Hickman Clan said...

Candice! Emily is beautiful! Congratulations:)