Sunday, April 29, 2012

1 Month Old



Katherine is one month old.  This last week has been extremely challenging because Emily has been sick.  She is still a baby herself and wanted to be held, cuddled, and grumpy all the time.  It was hard to balance her, the house, and Katherine.  Luckily I had help the days she was the worst and it made those days bearable.  Emily did discover the bouncy seat and loves to get in it herself and be silly.  Katherine is waking up more and discovering the crazy world around her.  I love the picture of Caroline holding her because you can tell that Katherine is totally memorized by Caroline's face.  When I talk to Katherine I can tell she is trying so hard to respond and she is even starting to lift a smile.  Caroline is totally into the big sister role and loves to hold, see, and touch the "new baby."  She is such a sweet girl and it is so fun to see her motherly intuition come out at such a young age.

1 comment:

*Leslie* said...

I'm sorry Emily has been sick! I love the video of her first steps, they sure get busier when they walk but mine are always happier too. Katherine is a beautiful baby!