Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baby Cannon #4





Baby Cannon #4 came three weeks early and surprised us all! 8 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long. She has the biggest cheeks and double chin and was huge for being so early! Here's the story:
Thursday was a usual day with usual contractions but at about 7pm they were coming about every 10 minutes. At this point I had was concerned enough to call GG and Grandad to see if they would be available during the night (since my Mom was still in Washington DC with my sister April who also just had a baby). But being still in denial, I refused to pack, told GG and Grandad that we probably wouldn't need them, and settled down for some much needed sleep.
Sleep didn't really happen and about 2am on Friday I decided that maybe I should pack a couple things just in case and since I felt so yucky that lying down wasn't even helping. About 3am I woke up Hyrum and told him to call his parents and the Doctor. At this point they weren't terribly painful but they hurt and they were consistent enough that if I was in labor I knew it would take an hour to get to the hospital and I did not want to end up like my sister who arrived at the hospital and delivered 22 minutes later. I wanted an epidural!
4am we checked into the hospital. I was only dilated to a 3 and I was pretty happy. I still wasn't ready to have this baby and was hoping they would give me a shot of something to help with the pain and send me home. Because apparently they would send you home unless you were a 5. After an hour of observation I had dilated to a 4 and was fully effaced, she then told me that I was in fact progressing into active labor and had to stay. I cried.
Potocin started at 5:30am, Baby was delivered at 7:37am.
So far Caroline is infatuated with the Baby the most and loves to measure everything on her body. Emily loves to pat her face and finish her bottles. Tommy loves to watch her diaper get changed.
We don't have a name for her yet. Hopefully we will settle on one today so that we can call her something other than Bogi (Bonus Girl).

7 comments:

Cheri said...

Haha, Bogi?! You guys are funny. Way to go Candice - I am super impressed. Your family looks so big!!! Congratulations!

*Leslie* said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you. I LOVE her nickname, although, I'm anxious to hear the real name. Glad you got to the hospital too!!!

Brittni and Jared said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. We are so excited for you guys.

April said...

I love all the pictures! Congrats again. I'm so happy for you!

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations!! She is so adorable!

The Cannons said...

Baby Bogi is here. Congratulations!

Melanie said...

Congratulations Candice!! So happy for you!