Monday, September 2, 2013

Party Week



This past week with the older kids at school, Emily and Katherine hosted a tea party with their closest friends.  I think the smiles on their faces tells you they were having a great time!  A group of Moms from the neighborhood went to lunch and since I didn't want to take my two littles, we decided to invite some of their kids over so they wouldn't have to bring their kids too, I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Along with the tea party, they enjoyed a game of bad guys and pretended to be Mommies, Emily volunteered to be the bad guy.
The Hegewalds were in town last week and we celebrated with a picnic up the canyon.  Wow is all I can say!  I have not had that enjoyable of a campfire dinner in a long time.  It is amazing how relaxing and fun they can be when someone else is in charge and you have a lot of extra hands to hold babies.  It was also a first for us...the first time in 10 years I have been up the canyon with Grandad and GG.
The Purdy's flew in from Japan today, wahoo!  We welcomed them home by making fools of ourselves at the airport with balloons, signs, and lip whistles.  But the Purdy's are worth it and we are so glad to have them back in the USA.

1 comment:

April said...

Hey if making your sister cry from an overload of love, isn't making a fool of yourself worth it?! It sure was for me.