Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas

 The week before Christmas was pretty stressful.  We had two school parties, Christmas to prepare for, YW responsibilities, and Hyrum was extra busy at work so I didn't have his help at all.  It was crazy and I am pretty sure that the kids were the only ones that felt the Christmas spirit.  They had fun doing some leftover school party treats and digging into some yummy chocolates.
 Christmas morning was great.  This year I made pajamas for everyone with my new serger, it was fun and the girls loved theirs.  Emily cried when we had to change her out of them!  The kids were spoiled with lots of fun presents.  Tommy and Caroline got their very own tablets to play with and haven't come up for air since.  Emily really liked her new bedspread and loved setting up her props for her picture.  They got a lot of other toys but they didn't make any pictures.  What was most impressive was Katherine's present opening skills.  She was very capable of getting all the wrapping paper off and opening every box, she was in heaven just opening presents.
Christmas is crazy and we have to make stops at two households full of food, cousins, and presents.  Our first stop is the Cannons for a Christmas brunch.  We had fun enjoying our extended family and eating way to much yummy food.  Then it was on to the Christensens where Caroline was finally able to open her roller skates.  By that time of the day I didn't have the energy to take pictures and Katherine was definitely a Christmas monster at that point.  We had a fun filled day!

1 comment:

April said...

I love the picture of Katherine eating the chocolates!