Sunday, December 27, 2015

Winter and Christmas

 This winter has been a hard one for me.  At the end of November, I became symptomatic from my genetic heart condition.  One event was a life threatening sudden cardiac arrest type of incident but because I have an implantable diffibulator I was shocked back into a normal cardiac rhythm.  It has been an emotional winter and definitely a simplified one.  We stayed pretty much at home as a family and enjoyed quality time together.  After having multiple panic attacks from the post traumatic stress of the events, I have found some anxiety medicine that helped make Christmas more normal.  So even though things like Temple Square Lights, Christmas cards, etc. were put on the back burner we still managed to fulfill some traditions.
 Gingerbread houses were made from scratch and decorated with sticky, gooey candies.
 On Christmas Eve we spent the night with Santa and our cousins.  We tried to narrate the nativity but it was more like a dress as you like costume party.
Christmas morning was awesome.  Katherine's expression of pure excitement was a testament to how great our Christmas was.  After getting overloaded with presents, we headed to Grandad and GG's house for Christmas breakfast and nutcrackers and then to Grandpa and Grandma's for more food and gifts.  It was a great day!

1 comment:

April said...

That is a sweet picture of Katherine!! How fun!