Tommy surgery went just as planned this morning. We arrived at the hospital at 6:30am, surgery started at 8:00am, and we were home at about 1:30pm. He did really well and is now is recovery mode. His stomach is a little upset, so we are keeping the throw-up bucket very handy. For those of you who may have forgot, Tommy had a nevus sebaceous on his head that he was born with. At puberty, it would have raised up, gotten bumpy and warty. So for those reasons we decided to have it removed by plastic surgery. The only plus from his nasty scar is that it is Halloween coming up, to bad we didn't dress him up as Frankenstein.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Surgery
Tommy surgery went just as planned this morning. We arrived at the hospital at 6:30am, surgery started at 8:00am, and we were home at about 1:30pm. He did really well and is now is recovery mode. His stomach is a little upset, so we are keeping the throw-up bucket very handy. For those of you who may have forgot, Tommy had a nevus sebaceous on his head that he was born with. At puberty, it would have raised up, gotten bumpy and warty. So for those reasons we decided to have it removed by plastic surgery. The only plus from his nasty scar is that it is Halloween coming up, to bad we didn't dress him up as Frankenstein.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
What in the world...I had no idea you were doing this. I am so glad that everything went well and hopefully he will be feeling better soon. Know that we are thinking about you!!!
love,
Katie and Ryan
Good Spirits Candice! ... I swear there is nothing worse than watching your little one in pain. I feel for you... good luck with recovery. We will be thinking of you.
Glad to hear everything went smoothly. Please don't hesitate to call if you need anything- if you need me to run to the store or whatever because I am sure Tommy isn't in the mood to go out. Poor littl guy!
I'm glad things went okay. The poor guy looks worn out! Keep us posted on his recovery and let me know if you need anything.
Wow, Candice I had no idea! I am glad that everything went well, you are so brave, I have a hard time when Isaac has a cold. Likw Jen said if you need anything please just let me know.
He is such a brave lil' man...he looks so peaceful in your arms. Good luck on the road to recovery...I love him and his new haircut!
What a trooper he is... Glad to hear all went well!
Cute Tommy. Still had a smile on his face even after surgery (at least when I saw him). I'm so glad everything went well.
now Tommy can join our scar buddies group! poor little guy. i am glad to hear that everything went well. good luck with the recovery!
I am glad the surgery is over and Tommy is home. Let me know if you need ANYTHING! He is such a cute little guy!
What a trooper! I'm glad everything went well and I hope the recovery is quick! When do you find out the gender of baby #2?
Oh poor little guy! I hope he recovers quickly and starts feeling better really soon.....
Poor little Tommy. I'm gld thing are going okay for youguys. Let me know if I canhelp w/ anything okay.
Hyrum & Candice...
Wow, what a trooper little Tommy is. I am happy to hear all went well. Good luck with the recovery process.
candice... even though i had no idea about this all! i am super glad that it all went well. i can't wait to talk to you but i seems that you have a lot going on. if you get a min ever call me! we need to talk
Oh geeeezzzz.. tears are seriously welling up in my eyes! Candice! You guys are BOTH troopers. Holy schmoly. I must say, that incision would make a most spectacular halloween outift, but let's keep it real. SOOOO glad that he is doing well. Thank heavens for modern medicine!!!! Thanks for updating us.
I cannot believe that. How crazy that he had to get that done. It's so hard to see them hurt. I hope everything went well.
Post a Comment