Saturday, January 19, 2008

Our First Pet

Well, we did it. I finally gave in to the pressure of getting a fish. Tommy named him Doug (aka, Da). So far he really likes Doug and constantly looks at him and tries to say fish. You can decide for yourself on what his version of fish sounds like.

And for anyone who does not live in Iowa, today's high was -2. Visitors are welcome to join our polar bear club.

10 comments:

shay said...

Fun! We want to come meet him!

Heather O'Brien said...

how fun. I have lots of fish food if you need some. We are done owning pets for awhile!

christensen crew said...

You guys are cute parents! I bet Tommy loves watching Doug swim around! Tommy is so cute Candice!

megallen said...

burrrr!
It is warmer in Alaska!
When is Tommy's bday? Lucy's is Oct 2.

Sarah said...

Hey you guys have fun with that fish. After about 6 months Tucker sent Charlie (our beta) to a "better and bigger place". I am not a pet person I guess. hahaha

Bullard Family said...

Congrats on your new addition!! Love the name Doug, cute.
Andrea

missy d said...

Candice!!! How cute is "Doug" the fishy...I love to see how Tommy is growing up so fast! Your blog is darling. Hope all is well in freezing Iowa!
-Missy

thecherries said...

I just saw how many days you have left on the babystrology....whoa.

*Leslie* said...

Tommy is so lucky! What nice parents. I feel like I'm frezzing to death here but, -2 is worse...I hope you are staying warm and feeling good. I can't believe you only have 7 weeks to go until baby #2 - woohoo!

Anonymous said...

I love that you named the fish Doug! Very funny-
Katie