
"The Boot" is our newest addition. We don't know how exactly it happened because the story is told by Tommy that somehow during the
festivities of Emily's blessing the cousins were playing with our guest bedroom
mattress and supposedly Tommy pushed it onto
Caroline's foot and
broke her
metatarsal. Luckily we have experience with breaks and recognized something was wrong when she wouldn't walk on it. And also luckily our brother-in-law is an orthopedic surgeon in Bountiful so he was able to examine her that night. And also luckily it seems like she fractured just one
metatarsal (we don't know exactly because some of her bones haven't calcified and won't show up on an X-Ray). And also luckily that she only has to wear a boot for 3 weeks and escaped a cast.
I remember when Caroline broke her leg and I was so thankful that I didn't have another baby to carry around along with a toddler. Sunday night my fears were realized! I was so nervous that I would have to carry Caroline along with Emily but "The Boot" is a miracle worker and Caroline is her normal self with it on. Man, I love "The Boot."
1 comment:
I'm so sorry that poor Caroline got hurt but, I'm really happy for you that it isn't a cast! Hope it all heals up quickly! Hope you guys are all doing great!
Post a Comment