School time has finally arrived! Tommy started Kindergarten this year and Caroline her second year of Pre-School. It is crazy to me that Tommy is finally in school, he is as big (if not bigger) than the second graders and towers over his whole class. So far he loves going, thinks his teacher (Mrs. Newland) is really nice, and is totally digging recess. Since we live so close to the school he is excited to walk all by himself. I walked with him this week but next week he gets to do it all by himself, even though he was ready to the second day. The independence gets me the most. To see him walking home with the rest of our neighborhood freaks me out.
Caroline has only had a day of orientation and was overly shy. But after awhile she warmed up and thought Mrs. Kellie was very nice and is excited to go for her first official day. She sees Tommy go everyday and is constantly asking if it is her turn. Now I am wondering if she is going to want to walk to school by herself like Tommy but luckily I have the excuse of a carpool and won't let her!

1 comment:
You're so old to have a kid walking home by himself!! (I smiled because I'm sure it'll freak me out too)
Post a Comment