Monday, October 1, 2012

Spotlight on Emily

Emily is now 18 months old and can finally go into nursery- trust me we have been counting down the days with the two babies.  She is crazy, independent, a tornado by trade, and full of life.  Here are some things we love about Emily:
  • She is a tornado.  I remember when my Mom told me that I was a handful when I was a toddler and that one day at church I ran up to the steps by the stand and started throwing hymn books.  I never understood how that could have happened until I had Emily.  No matter how vigilant I am with her every move, she still seems to climb everything in site, touch things she's not supposed to (she's really good at deadheading flowers and throwing dirt), fall, run, and leave toys and crumbs everywhere.
  • She loves Tommy and Caroline.  And she loves to play with their friends.  I love having play dates at our house because Emily will follow the new friends around everywhere instead of me!  The other night we had a family over for dinner and she was going in circles laughing because she couldn't contain her joy for having so many fun little friends to play with.
  • She is a good signer.  She loves to imitate and watch her daily show of Baby Signing Time.
  • She says "Hi" every chance she gets.  She is learning new vocabulary words but "Hi" is her go to word.
  • She used to love animals and going to the pet store.  She would scream in delight at every animal but lately she is terrified of dogs, even her fake dog "Cookie" scares her.
  • She loves to sit on laps and read books. 
  • She is ADORED by our ward.  She is not my child when we go to church.  She get passed around by everyone and loves every minute of it.

No comments: