Friday, July 24, 2009

The 70's are Calling


Ready to be jealous? We sacrificed an updated house for the great location to Hyrum's work and we now feel like we belong in the 70's. Here is the kitchen, from the lovely floor to the fabulous lights, in all of it's glory.

This is the master bedroom and living room "wet bar." I wake up to floral wallpaper and baby blue drapery and some amazing sheers to match. And the "wet bar" is the best for storing toys but every ounce of me wants to tear it down.
One of the hardest things for me to do is not do anything to this house. It is only a rental, and we hope to get our own place in 1-2 years, so saving is essential. So keep in mind that if you want to come and visit, please bring your bell bottoms.

9 comments:

Cheri said...

You are funny.

I must say, your beautiful sleigh bed looks a little out of place.

But...your kitchen is nicer than mine!

Jessica Sorensen said...

Oh you should see our bathroom. Brown counter tops, yellow sink, different shades of yellow tiny tile. Maybe you need a bathroom like ours to complete your 70's decor

MJ said...

I know some instances where landlords allow renters to do work to update the house and they actually either pay you for it or decrease your rent or they pay for the supplies. You could offer this...for instance little things like removing wallpaper and painting a neutral color. I would guess many would gladly accept this exchange if you do the work well.

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

I know your pain Candice! We too are renting while we decide where to buy and it has been different living with floral wallpaper and ugly chandeliers! I just want to go and buy some new light fixtures and put them up!!

Bullard Family said...

Oh come on Candice, I know you LOVE the blue curtains and wallpaper...it is so you. Just kidding hang in there better things to come, we hope.

Katie Muir said...

Congrats to you guys!! What a great new adventure- complete with 70s dance music, I hope. Best of luck with all you are doing!!

SarahandJD said...

I love the wet bar you guys can mix some wild drinks up there.!!IS the sink in commision. So JD was offered a job in indianapolis. He is in cali today. Big things ahead. How are you liking your new life in freemont. I'll have to give you a call so I hear more about it. Still holding down the fort at the hamptons. New peeps in your town home.

Sarah said...

YOU CRACK ME UP! How are you guys doing? I miss you!

Smelsha said...

Yikes, parts of my parents house used to look like this. I'm glad I convinced them to tear down the wood paneling on the wall. Do you have any of that? Well, at least your bed looks nice and I'm sure it's nice to be in a house even if it is a bit dated. :)