We are in Fremont, California and have officially made the move. We lucked out and Grandma and cousin Katelyn flew the kids the day after the big truck drive and have had Katelyn for the past few days to help entertain the kids while we unpack boxes. We have had to escape the stress of boxes by doing little activities. We went up to Pier 39 in San Francisco to see the sea lions, went to a water park, and went to the beach. I caught Hyrum snoring on the floor after a crazy day of unpacking.
Our first of many trips to the beach! Things I love about a house instead of an apartment: a big kitchen, an extra room, my own fenced in backyard, my own attached garage, and Hyrum's 2 minute commute to work. Caroline is not making the transition very well and is a true challenge to keep happy, especially at night. But we will survive and we will adjust, hopefully!
6 comments:
Having your own house is the best and a 2 minute commute. Sounds like things will be treating you guys well in California.
Mitzi
Hi guys...no more blog stalking! :) I wish I'd gotten to talk to you more today but we're so glad you're here and can't wait to have you over and get to know you better. Welcome!
-Cheri
Hooray! How nice to have had the kids flown out, and what a good idea to have their cousin stay to keep them entertained while you unpack. Man, that would have been nice! Sounds like you're having fun in California!
Good luck with all you do! We have been in Kansas for a little over a month and Caleb is just now getting back on track with sleeping well at night so best of luck with the little one. Take care and enjoy your new home!
Candice! I'm so glad you guys made it! It looks like you guys will love living in Cali. Keep us updated. JD is heading out to thousand oaks for an interview in week and to indianapolis. We have had great temps here in iowas this summer. 3rd coolest summer in thelast 100 years,thanks to kcrg 9 for the stats. It's been great!
That looks like so much fun! I'm jealous!
Post a Comment