Caroline's injury happened while we were in Southern CA for Thanksgiving Break and the reason why we came home a little bit earlier than planned. At first the diagnosis was a sprain (can I tell you how lucky it is to have an ER Doctor in the family!). If she wasn't able to put pressure on it in a couple of days, then we were told to take further action. A couple of days passed, still no walking so we took her into the pediatrics office. We got a random Doctor, terrible lady and will NEVER go back to her again. She ordered X-Rays of her ankle, and was 100% convinced that is was not her shin bone (tibia). The ankle turned out to be fine and the treatment was to wait a few more days for her to walk. Well, the motherly instinct kicked in and I called the Orthopedic Surgeon in the family (we are soooo spoiled). Over the phone without seeing Caroline he diagnosed her spot on...probably a Toddler fracture of the tibia, take her to an Orthopedist and get more X-Rays. Well we did and now we get to live with the Gimp for 2 1/2 weeks.
I am so thankful for two fabulous Brother-In-Laws and for finally figuring out what is wrong with Caroline's leg.
6 comments:
Poor thing! She looks all smiles still though.
I'm so sorry. I hope she's doing better soon. What a cute smile despite the big caste.
How sad! And frustrating that you got a dumb doc. Those Orthopedic Surgeons sure know what they're doing though (I'm not biased or anything :)). She rocks the pink cast pretty well though! Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving!
so sad!!!
poor Caroline!!!
She looks so cute with that cast. That is so sad though.
Post a Comment