Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gumdrop Lane and Gimp Update

The 2009 Gingerbread house is done. This year I decided to try a little more difficult pattern and it actually fit together! We'll see how long it lasts in this house, our magic elves are always on the hunt for sugar.


Caroline is in her element with her cast. She loves to be held, waited on, and get a lot of attention. The only thing she has really not liked is the fact that she can't take baths and can't play with her outside toys. Today was a huge step because she learned to "hobble" on her cast while pushing her toy....she was in heaven. I on the other hand was in quite the opposite, if any of my neighbors saw me they were probably laughing their heads off. I was not prepared for Caroline to gain this new found freedom and was struggling to keep the cast dry in the time allotted. The quick answer...a ziplock bag. And yes, I had to zip that bag about every two minutes. Being on ziplock patrol and chasing Tommy down the street on his bike is a great recipe to loose your sanity fast.
I just want to point out that this picture was taken today, in December! Oh, how I relished watching the Weather Channel this week. Every time they talked about the Midwest storms, I just had to smile...50 degrees doesn't sound to cold anymore!

2 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

Nice house! I am with you on the weather. Although we do now have snow we just barely reached freezing (32 degrees) for the first time this winter. Much better than Iowa.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!