Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy Birthday Katherine

Katherine turned 2 on March 30!  Our last March Birthday and it was very low key.  She had her Birthday dinner at Chuck-A-Rama the night before, went to church, took a nap, and then was able to open her presents and eat her cake.  She even got a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Christensen.  She meant business while blowing out her candles and blew them out immediately after I lit them.  It took three times lighting them and Hyrum covering her mouth so that I could actually get her picture of her blowing them out.  But that is her personality: independent, stubborn, and very observant.  She was very excited to open her presents and I love her face when she saw her princess play phone!  Here are some of the things we love about Katherine:
  • She is a busy body.  She is into everything and always tries to "help" with everything.  She loves to get into any cooking action, help with cleaning, brush her teeth 20 times a day, and rummage through any shoes she can get her hands on.
  • She loves to be outside.  If I ever had a kid escape my house without me knowing, she would be the culprit.  She gets so offended if someone leaves the house without her and cheers anytime I tell her its time to go.
  • She is obsessed with going potty.  I admit that she goes every time she tries but she is in  no way near being ready because she has no holding control.  It is such a chore dealing with her potty love.  If she is quite for more than two minutes the first place I look is in the bathroom where she will be pulling off her clothes (which is not fun when she has a full messy diaper).
  • She loves her Daddy and always shouts out in a cheer whenever she hears the garage opening.
  • She loves to repeat words over and over.  If there is a dog in sight, she yells: Dog, dog, dog, dog, dog, dog, dog.  She will repeat until you acknowledge the dog.  Which is cute but not really when you hear it all day long.
  • Every princess is Ariel and that is another repeated word I hear hourly.
  • She does not watch TV.  I guess she has to many other things to master before she can relax enough to watch more than 5 minutes.
  • She loves ice, soda, pizza, strawberries, fruit snacks, granola bars, and snacking all day.

No comments: