Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pie Crazy

Ever since I got married one of my goals was to learn how to make pies. My Mom is the best pie maker and it is always a treat to have her homemade pies. So, for the past couple of years I have always wanted to follow in her footsteps...but usually I failed. But after countless attempts at pie dough recipes and finally giving in to buying a pastry cutter, I think I'm on the right track. On the left, my Grandmother's famous chocolate pie. In the middle, pumpkin pie made from scratch (I even roasted and pureed the pumpkin). And on the right, my new favorite recipe thanks to Kristi McCord, chocolate pecan pie.
I know this post is a little cheesy but to me, reaching a goal is worth shouting about!! The real test, my Mom and Dad are coming tonight for Thanksgiving, she'll be the best judge.

2 comments:

christensen crew said...

Okay, I have lots of comments...
bullet points are in need...
-Congrats on the baby girl, i am officially jealous..and so excited for you!
-I LOVE Pinewood Derby..Tom was scout master for awhile when I was at the age of scouting...always wanted to participate in this one.
-And finally...way to go on the pies. My mouth is salivating...yum.

love and miss you guys...katie c.

esmiley said...

Those pies look fabulous! Way to go! And I'm glad you own a pastry cutter--it's my all time favorite kitchen utensil!