Whether we are granola freaks or green hero's, you decide but we made the switch to cloth diapers. The decision was a hard one, after knowing that it takes 300 years for disposable diapers to decompose and watching lots of money spent of diapers getting thrown away way to quickly, I started to investigate the possibility of cloth diapers. There are way to many options out there for cloth diapers and so may new tricks to the trade that it was a little overwhelming at first. So here is the run down: We don't use pins, rubber pants are old news, and I don't have to shake poop in the toilet. Snappi's are the way to go, diaper covers are super cute, and flushable toilet liners are heaven sent.
The negatives: They are bulkier (aka granny panties) and I am still trying to figure out some folding techniques to make it so Tommy's pants fit. And where to put the wipes?? I have a little bit more wash.
The positives: Self satisfaction that we are saving the planet one diaper at a time. We will make up our money spent in just a couple of months. We don't have a bag hanging on our front door full of poopy diapers waiting to put in the trash. And Tommy does not leak through them in the night time (he leaks through size 5 disposable diapers but not his cloth).
12 comments:
I'm impressed Candice. Maybe I'll look into this cloth diaper thing. They are much cuter than the disposable ones. Way to go GREEN! :)
You're amazing! I am so impressed! Keep it up!
You are one brave soul!!! I'm not sure I could do it. Good Job-
Katie
Wow, YOU GO GIRL!
Oooh. I want to come and check these out in person. I think you may have inspired me...
Way to go Candice! Seriously I am proud of you. That is a big accomplishment to do cloth diapers. Good job.
Impressive. I don't know if I could do it... but you sure have made me think about it
I am proud too! Honestly, that is great. Imagine if we could all be so respectful to our Earth....Way to go, I think I will consider this with baby number four.
I am way impressed. When I have 2 in diapers again I may be calling you for all the details!
Ange
I don't think I could do it but, I'm impressed that you can - good job!
Alright Candice I need some more details. So I want to know the run down for one kid, like the number of prefold diapers, and snap covers and stuff. How much is the initial investment? Where do you get the flushable toilet liners? How much do they cost? What do you do with the poo if you don't put it in the toilet? Did you order your diapers from the polka dots website? Can you tell I am interested?
Mitzi
Okay Candice, I've done a bit of research. Now I need some more details. What prefolds do you use? What diaper covers do you use? Do you have to replace the diaper cover at every changing or do you re-use that? How many diapers and how many covers do you have? Which inserts do you use? Email me at katieannegarner@gmail.com
Thanks!!
Katie
Post a Comment