Saturday, March 15, 2008

Coming Home

Coming home with Caroline was much more enjoyable than I was worried about. Maybe it was that she was 2 and 1/2 pounds lighter than her brother or that the recovery from a V-Back is SO much better, but we are making the adjustment better than expected. Caroline has been struggling with Jaundice and just barely making the cut off to not get admitted back into the hospital. Today was our last trek to the hospital for blood work and we are optomisitic that she is getting over the worst part. And besides, it is a good excuse to take window sun baths!
I love her hair...it is the same color as Tommy's was and I could just comb my hands through it all day. Now that she has had a couple baths, it is her defining feature and it makes me sad that it is going to change into a lovely mullet.
Tommy has his ups and downs but overall is very excited about his new baby sister. Today he "jumped" with her. I would lift her up and down and he would jump at the same time. He gave
me a glimpse into the very distant future of them being great buddies!

14 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and I love the name!

missy d said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations! She looks like Hyrum....but PRETTY instead of handsom of course...
-Missy

Claire said...

Quinn had that stupid jaundice thing too. Don't you think it is like the last thing you want to worry about when coming home from the hospital. Good luck with everythings. And I love her hair too! I miss Quinn's hair. It is coming back...Slowly but surely!

Claire said...

Quinn had that stupid jaundice thing too. Don't you think it is like the last thing you want to worry about when coming home from the hospital. Good luck with everythings. And I love her hair too! I miss Quinn's hair. It is coming back...Slowly but surely!

Natalie said...

CANDICE! I haven't looked at blogs forever - so I just saw this! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is beautiful.....and I do love her name. :) I hope you are doing alright, I know it is a bit of an adjustment with two.

christensen crew said...

CONGRATS! Caroline is beautiful! I am so happy for your little family! Her hair is so cute, and she does look like her Daddy is some of those pictures. You guys are so lucky to have a boy and a girl right off.... TOmmy will be such a good older brother I am sure, oh how cute!

Well, sounds like you will continue to adjust to the two kids thing just fine! If you ever need another Mommy to talk to...I would love you to call me!

COngrats, I can't wait to meet her....be sure to let us all know when you come home again!

Carly said...

I love seeing newborn babies in their car seats. It shows just how tiny they are and how big they have gotten once their legs are hanging over the edge and you can't even strap them in anymore. I know that is quite a ways away. Sounds like you are doing great! She's a doll.

Heather O'Brien said...

She is perfect. Seriously. Thanks for letting us barge in today. I loved seeing how excited Tommy was about his baby sister. You guys are such a cute fam.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting me hold her yesterday! I can't stop thinking about how small and precious she is!

Amy and Wes said...

Hey Cannon's,
Baby Caroline is so darling. And I can't believe how tiny she looks in her car seat.
Congratulations to your new family of four!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Cannon's - CONGRATS on cute Caroline. I LOVE her hair, and she looks adorable. Candice, I am glad you are adjusting well. I can't wait to see more pictures! Love, Katie

laura said...

Congratulations! I was just jumping from blog to blog and saw these darling pictures. I am so happy for you!

-Laura (Stoker) Chandler

Katie M. said...

Candice!! MOther of two. Holy cow woman, you are super girl. And your baby girl is gorgeous!! Freakishly cute- i thought new borns were supposed to look like aliens, but you have changed my mind.

PS I changed my blog address-- it
s now www.dasistgutmillers.blogspot.com
Just FYI

Ciao!
Katie (Cannon) Miller

Danielle&Lincoln said...

NEED MORE PICTURES!!!!