This week has been very nice. It was Hyrum’s Spring Break so he has been home to help with entertaining, diapers, and support! The reality of two children will come this coming week and to say I’m scared is an understatement. Tommy so far loves Caroline, he looks for her in every room and loves to give her kisses. Stay tuned for next post to see how he does when Hyrum goes back to school.
Today was my official due date and keeping with the theme, I thought I would briefly tell my labor story. Monday morning, the 10th, we scheduled an ultrasound to see how big she was and to see if we would just schedule a C-Section. According to the ultrasound her estimated weight was 8 lbs. 2 oz. at 38 weeks, we were frightened by her size and decided to schedule a C-Section that Friday. Monday night/Tuesday morning woke up at 2am, thinking it was just a routine bathroom wakeup. 2:30am realized that if the contractions were true labor, I better pack for the hospital and call my Mom to look at flights. 2:45am, woke up Hyrum packing telling him I might be in labor. 3:30am new for sure I was in labor and called my neighbor Kindra to so kindly sleep on our couch for Tommy’s sake. 4:00am got to the hospital and was already dilated to a 7. 5:00am got my much anticipated epidural and finally got some relief. My water never broke and since we decided to try for a VBAC, they had me not push until absolutely necessary to try to force her into a more optimal position for delivery. 8:00am started pushing. 8:45am Caroline heart rate shot way up and my Doctor was concerned about a uterine rupture. I was then rushed to the OR in a frantic/chaotic scramble for a double set up. My doctor was going to try the vacuum one time but it that failed would do an immediate C-Section. Luckily she came out with the vacuum at 9:21am and only weighed 6 lbs. 12.5 oz. So much for an accurate ultrasound! My doctor is awesome for letting me try for a VBAC but I never want to see his worried/scared face again, that’s reserved for all my friends who are pregnant!
Today was my official due date and keeping with the theme, I thought I would briefly tell my labor story. Monday morning, the 10th, we scheduled an ultrasound to see how big she was and to see if we would just schedule a C-Section. According to the ultrasound her estimated weight was 8 lbs. 2 oz. at 38 weeks, we were frightened by her size and decided to schedule a C-Section that Friday. Monday night/Tuesday morning woke up at 2am, thinking it was just a routine bathroom wakeup. 2:30am realized that if the contractions were true labor, I better pack for the hospital and call my Mom to look at flights. 2:45am, woke up Hyrum packing telling him I might be in labor. 3:30am new for sure I was in labor and called my neighbor Kindra to so kindly sleep on our couch for Tommy’s sake. 4:00am got to the hospital and was already dilated to a 7. 5:00am got my much anticipated epidural and finally got some relief. My water never broke and since we decided to try for a VBAC, they had me not push until absolutely necessary to try to force her into a more optimal position for delivery. 8:00am started pushing. 8:45am Caroline heart rate shot way up and my Doctor was concerned about a uterine rupture. I was then rushed to the OR in a frantic/chaotic scramble for a double set up. My doctor was going to try the vacuum one time but it that failed would do an immediate C-Section. Luckily she came out with the vacuum at 9:21am and only weighed 6 lbs. 12.5 oz. So much for an accurate ultrasound! My doctor is awesome for letting me try for a VBAC but I never want to see his worried/scared face again, that’s reserved for all my friends who are pregnant!
1 comment:
She is very cute! The fact that she was much smaller then the u/s said gives me some hope because at 37 weks our little girl was measuring 7 lbs 15 oz so hopefully they are as off as they were with you.
Post a Comment